About Dr. Shielagh Shusta Hochberg
As a clinical psychologist, I address a broad spectrum of issues that interfere with the pursuit of a reasonably satisfying life. My practice includes
- Coping with anxiety provoked by the COVID pandemic
- Relationship and career concerns
- Dealing with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease in loved ones or in oneself
- Self actualization through insight and contemplation
- Addressing obstacles to creative expression
- Life cycle issues of maturity and aging
- Processing & resolving emotional pain & the after-effects of trauma and loss
- Walk and Talk Therapy on the beach in downtown Naples, Florida, when appropriate
Drawing upon many orientations and techniques in my work, I practice EMDR, clinical hypnosis and EFT (tapping), and have developed "The Healthy Side of the Street©" technique for helping clients build better interpersonal boundaries.
In addition to the general practice of psychology, I have extensive experience treating PTSD, the dissociative disorders and related symptoms, OCD and other anxiety disorders, communication and boundary issues, and challenges of the life cycle. I collaborate with clients to help them resolve issues that cause them distress, interfere with life and impede healthy functioning. This includes maintaining recovery from addiction.